Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Weekend and more

Here I am again posting yet another post...Its Sunday today and I haven't blogged since last Thursday...so here goes the update

On Thursday, I did a jog nothing out of the ordinary...dunno for how long but I probably did 45min straight increasing the intensity a little in the end because I really felt like I can do some extra work. Ended up with some streching in the park...and you should really see the faces of people passing by xD This reminds me that I have to tell you that, I don't longer do any static streching anymore...nowerdays I only do dynamic streches usually at the end of a session to ease recovery.

I took Friday as rest, for two reasons, the first one is that I'm actually pretty lazy. The other reason would be that I totally didn't have any time not even an hour to spare to go for a jog or at least do a small circuit session.

Friday's rest actually served me well since on Saturday I had to meet my friend and training buddy for a long run...We did a 5.5miler in around 50min but we also had a hill, bang right in the middle. I was actually amazed by my lactic acid tolerance and recovery. Only having started to train seriously in the past week, I can actually feel the difference. Going up the 250m hill, I was still running strong up until the last metres, I had a slight burn in my gluts and at the end of it I was gasping for air even my diaphram was suffering and it felt it had lactic acid actumulation. All in all I was satisfied, being a run done in the crazy heat of summer, we still kept up a good pace, even dehydrated as we were in the end of the run.

Hopefully later on I will head out for an easy jog and a good strenghtening circuit in the late afternoon :)

No comments: