Well this is day one, I don't really know when is D-Day, but I am presuming its gonna be a Saturday. That's four possible dates since all I do know is that it happens in March...hence the closest day would be 5th March leaving me with approximately...195 days...Gadgets on Win 7 are helpful xD Should make a count down :)
Anyways, my general plan will be as follows:
1) Reaction, Coordination (technique), and general aerobic
2) Strength Training and Speed work (incremental) and Efficiency
3) Lactic Acid Threshold and Long Runs/Tempo Runs
I'm gonna follow this sequence...as I go along I would of course mix from the previous sections to keep a good balance. That's gonna be my macrocycle and mesocycles.
My friends have opted to start on long run immediately but I think I would prefer to strengthen, condition and coordinate first, this will give me more speed and efficiency in my run...I want to run a Half Marathon as quickly as possible and die in the end and not end up as fresh as a flower. Speed is as important as Endurance even in long runs... They will probably do good, but I want to be better :D
I still have to make a membership with a gym and track near by...so I would have the tools I need for my training...apart from that, I need some sport apparel like training clothes, a good stopwatch, and most importantly running shoes...
Today I will start off with a very general circuit which will include general strengthening of core muscles, reaction time in leg mostly calf...and a general tone up...
I'm basically preparing and training for my first ever longer than 10km run...a Half Marathon in March. Been in Athletics since I was 12 or so...always had the talent for long distance but I had to stop because of a cronic injury...So here I go trying to work around my problems to achieve the ultimate goal of taking part in something I always dreamt of. Will be training with friends and alone...and here will be the place where I can track my progression and see what people think :)
No comments:
Post a Comment