Before I started of with a normal jogging pace, I went with a nice and easy pace to ensure that i get warmed up well. After about 15min I did some drills whilst I'm still running, these were:
- 20m buttkicks
- 20m high knee buttkicks (don't know correct terminology for it)
- 20m high knees
- 40m stride
I continued my jog always keeping in mind my posture, and noticing any defects in my run or slight pains I could be feeling. I surely felt some minor pain in my left achilles tendon, probably due to last nights work-out involving the speed jumps. I really made an effort in that station and I really noticed how ill coordinated I was in my left foot.
I also wanted to mention the importance of water. Water makes up 70%+ of body and is the most important chemical for our system to work as it should be. When training especially in the summer days it is important to drink loads of water since sweating is usually under-rated. Did you ever get out of the shower to fetch a clean towel and noticed how much water drips off? This is to prove what a large surface area our body has from where sweat can be generated from your sweat pores. I am sure that in my 30min in the sun I lost a litre or more. Dehydration leads to over-heating, which is the biggest performance hinderance even more than fatigue.
Tonight another circuit training to conclude the day and hopefully a gd recovery meal to finish off and start strong tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment