Friday, September 3, 2010

After a weeks absence...

Been a while since I posted last so I thought I better get all my ideas blotted down asap :)

So this week was a very busy one for me with lots of comotion and I had little time to really plan this past week's training. Therefore I did it as I went along, see my stride and my rythmns.

The last training I posted about was the long run I did in Zurrieq. I kept Sunday as rest to fully recover from the run, just to do a crazier run on Monday. I was on the bus stop at Attard, I still had to do some sort of training and I really felt like a run. The next bus had to leave from Rabat in an hours time. So I decided it would be more worthed to just run it to the stop at Hamrun, and so I did with a 5kg backpack. It was really a tough run but since it was late in the evening, it was pretty cool a condition which doesn't drain your energy as opposed to running at 11am. I didnt suffer much kept a forced pace throughout but the best workout was for my abs...since I had the balance the weight of the backpack, apart from sustaining a high knee.

The next day I was pretty battered up so again I thought a rest would do just fine. I really felt the joint strain that comes from running on the road a feeling I rarely felt in my life. I don't really know if I should panic or not but even the first few minutes of a jog are being pretty uneasy and I always fear an injury cropping up at the unexpected moment. Luckily once I get into my stride and my heart starts pumping I don't feel the wierd sensation anymore and I can perform normally during the workout.

On Wed, I just tried out a new route for my jog routine, took me about 40min and I always finish off with a good strech, all dynamic of course :)

Thursday, I just did just the same route for my jog, but I felt like doing something different and so I did. I did a fartlek :) Very rudimental in the execution since I lack a stop watch and I couldn't do it in intervals. So I just run when ever I had a flat road infront of me and I wasn't puffing for air. Wasn't really a hard workout and that was the intent. I just wanted to incorporate some speed in a routine which focuses much on endurance and aerobic at this point.

Today, Friday was a very busy one, tiring mostly mentally especially after the palette of colourful situations, I had to handle this week. Yet again, I took a rest :) This is since tomorrow I will most probably be doing a nice long run with one of my training buddies... :)

No comments: